This 2016 1 oz Platinum American Eagle is housed in an official U.S. Mint presentation box. Platinum Eagles combine the best aspects of collectibility and bullion investment appeal with an iconic design and 1 oz of Platinum.
The 2016 Platinum Eagle is just the second bullion release in the series since production was suspended in 2008.
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Housed in an official U.S. Mint presentation box.
- Obverse: The strong face of the statue below the word "Liberty," with the year and "In God We Trust" to the side. "E Pluribus Unum" is engraved along Liberty's raised arm.
- Reverse: An American eagle with outstretched wings soaring in front of a sunrise with "United States of America" above. The weight, purity and $100 face value are also shown.
- Guaranteed by the United States Mint.
With its beauty, patriotic design and legal tender status, Platinum American Eagle coins provide diversity to investment portfolios with a hard asset that is both secure and internationally recognized. Add this beautiful 2016 1 oz Platinum Eagle coin to your cart today!
Bullion Platinum American Eagle coins were produced from 1997 until 2008, when the Great Recession forced the U.S. Mint to suspend production. Though the Proof Platinum Eagles were continuously minted, the bullion version was not produced again until 2014, selling just 16,900 Platinum Eagles.