With the release of the highly anticipated movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the Royal Canadian Mint is excited to introduce an unforgettable series of coins. This coin has a lenticular design!
- Made of cupronickel.
- Coins come in a custom presentation folder. Each set comes with two trading cards, including a Batman v Superman card and a randomized card with either Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman. Experience the “thrill of the hunt” by attempting to find one of each!
- Limited mintage of only 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: As you tilt the coin from side to side, the silhouette of Superman seamlessly transitions into the shadowy figure of Batman.
- This does a great job of showing "two sides of the same coin": The clever transition from one super hero to the other illustrates that despite being at odds, Batman and Superman share many similarities and a common purpose in the battle against evil and injustice.
Superman’s iconic red and yellow S-shield is superimposed over the black-colored bat symbol of Gotham City’s Dark Knight; the merging of these two logos represents the idea that despite the fact that they are at odds in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the two Super Heroes are nonetheless part of the same “battle” for justice, a common purpose in spite of their different styles.
Add this 25-Cent Lenticular Batman v Superman coin to your cart today!
The first image plays with light and shadows to present the silhouette of Superman in motion, his cape spread out behind him as he sails through the air and into action. Negative space within Superman’s silhouette cleverly uses the red background to recreate the red S-shield that is famously emblazoned across Superman’s chest. As the coin is tipped, lenticular technology causes the image to change to a second frame, which is a silhouette of Batman against a dark grey background. The cape that stretches from one side of the coin to the other is now webbed, as a bat’s wings would be. The white of Batman’s eyes emerge from the pointed cowl, while the physique that previously bore Superman’s iconic symbol is now filled in as Batman springs into action in the shadows.
TM & © DC Comics. WB SHIELD: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.