As digital artists seek to recreate the physical world through dimensional images, modelling techniques based on geometric shapes have given way to a new visual style, low poly art. This eye-catching five-coin series utilizes this art style to present a contemporary and highly artistic interpretation of Canada’s most famous icons.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a maroon clamshell beauty box with a certificate of authenticity.
- A fresh, modern take on Canada’s timeless icons: The third coin in the inventive new five coin Geometry in Art series, which reinterprets familiar Canadian emblems: the polar bear, the beaver, the caribou, the loon and the maple leaf in a low poly art style.
- Obverse: The effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: A stylized portrait of two caribou moving across a landscape that conveys the tranquil beauty of a boreal forest. Presented in a low poly art style, the design brings together multiple polygon shapes to form a male caribou in a powerful pose as he looks up at the first snowfall of the season, followed by a young caribou at the river’s edge in the background.
Each polygon is made distinct from the other through extraordinary sculpting, cutting-edge technology and advanced finishing techniques, while the application of bold color adds vibrancy and alters our perception of dimension and light.
Add this 1 oz Silver Geometry in Art Caribou coin to your cart today!
The hard edges that are characteristic of this style lend themselves beautifully to recreating the Arctic ice above and below the water’s surface; yet, it is the application of rich, vibrant colors that brings a dynamic quality to the overall design, infusing it with depth and dimension through different shades of blues and whites which create a playful perception of shadow and light.