Each of these examples has been certified as perfect 70 by PCGS, one of the top coin grading services, adding further collectible appeal. These Proof Gold Buffalo coins are minted at the West Point Mint and bear the "W" mintmark.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the coin's perfect 70 condition.
- First Strike designation ensures this coin was received by PCGS within 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your graded Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Buy America's premier Gold coin in a beautiful proof finish from the West Point Mint. Add 2016-W 1 oz Proof Gold Buffalos certified PR-70 by PCGS to your cart today!
Check out our Investor Collections to diversify your portfolio with Precious Metals. Review the Premium Appreciation Trend of 1 oz Gold Buffalos. Shop 1 oz Gold Buffalos and learn how to build your investment strategy.
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.