This unique Silver coin exhibits the architectural design of the Institut de France. This UNESCO series is focused around the Banks of the Seine river in Paris.
- Contains 5.266 oz of .950 fine Silver.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 250 coins.
- Obverse: Represents a view of the Institut from the Pont des Arts. It is surrounded by a counter-view of the cupola under which the members, nicknamed the immortals gather. On the first plane, a detail of the top of the copula emphasized by a gilding. On the right side stands a gilded branch of laurel symbolizing the Institut members' uniform.
- Reverse: Proposes a modern view of the Paris map. Above the design is the name of the series. The lower part of the coin bears the face value and year-date.
- Minted by the Monnaie de Paris.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This French Excellence series will contain a number of coins, so start building your collection now. Add this 2016 5 oz Silver €50 Treasures of Paris Institut de France coin to your cart today!
This academic institution established in 1795 and the institutions primary responsibilities are research and publication of discoveries made, as well as monitor the scientific and literary works.
The Institut de France is established in the old building of the four nation's college in the 6th district of Paris. In 1661 in his will, Cardinal Mazarin intended use of his great fortune to the foundation of a college for sixty young gentlemen or bourgeois from the newly conquered land by the crown of France. The building built on the Quai de Conti opposite the Louvre is assigned in 1806 to the Institut de France. The French architect Antoine Vaudoyer transformed the chapel of the college hall for meetings of the academies.
The rounded front is of the building is dominated by the majestic gilded dome under which the solemn ceremonies of the five academies are held.