Princess Merida is the ninth coin from the New Zealand Mint's Disney Princesses series, which celebrates some of the most memorable Disney characters. Each princess is colorized on high-quality .999 fine Silver.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 10,000 pieces.
- Obverse: The beautiful Merida, from the animated film "Brave", in full color surrounded by relief engraved flowers.
- Reverse: Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Niue government.
This coin is the perfect gift for any Disney princess fan. Buy the 2016 Niue 1 oz Silver $2 Disney Princess Merida coin to your cart today!
Princess Merida of DunBroch is the first Pixar character to receive the honor of being named a Disney Princess. Princess Merida is the 16-year-old daughter of King Fergus and Queen Elinor, who rule their Scottish kingdom. Queen Elinor's traditional expectations that Merida take a husband and become a proper royal lady come into conflict with the single-minded and impetuous Merida's insistence that she control her own destiny.
Merida has greatly perfected her skill in archery, and is one of the most skilled archers in the kingdom. She is also incredibly skilled in spears, sword-fighting and racing across the countryside on Angus, her Clydesdale horse. Despite her outgoing, forceful personality, Merida does have a softness of heart, particularly when it comes to her younger triplet brothers, Harris, Hubert and Hamish. She is pampered but in no way spoiled, and even though she frequently argues with her mother, Merida does love her parents.