The second Silver round in the Silver Hobo Nickels series is "The Train". This round honors the age old tradition of reshaping the design of coinage into a new piece of art.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual rounds will come in a capsule along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Proof-Like with a mintage of only 10,000.
- Obverse: Mr The's Train features an original steam engine locomotive, paying tribute to the Hobo's preferred method of travel.
- Reverse: Depicts a hobo with a knapsack. The hobo's knapsack uses the buffalo hump while using the line above the denomination as the hobo's walking stick.
- Edge-marked with a unique mint number.
Protect and display your Silver round in style by adding an attractive presentation box recommended for this round.
Add this classic 1 oz Silver Hobo Nickel Replica Round of The Train to your cart today!
The hobo nickel is a coin that has had its original artwork altered into a new design by the homeless, often referred to as hobos, and then sold to make money. The U.S. nickel is a favorite coin to use due to the softness, size and thickness of the coin.
When the Buffalo nickel, or Indian Head, was introduced in 1913, it became popular among coin engravers. The large Native American head gave the artists a large template to work from that allowed finer detail work to be done. With this large template to work from, the hobo nickel became highly popular. Due to the softness of the metal in the nickel, hobo nickel tools could be made from any crude tool that could make a scratch, displace or punch into the coin.
The artwork of each hobo nickel is unique. Some hobo nickel artists would repeat specific designs due to their popularity, but most tried to create something new with each coin. Whether you are a veteran hobo nickel collector, or you are looking to start a hobo nickel collection, these Silver hobo nickel replicas at APMEX are perfect for you.