Fifty-cent coins are no longer in circulation but you can still enjoy this rarity by acquiring a coin roll freshly minted for 2016.
- Coins are made of three-ply nickel plated steel. No Precious Metal content is included.
- Each 50-cent special wrap roll is a distinctive collectible that adds a special touch to any gift.
- Limited mintage of only 32,000 rolls.
- Obverse: The effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Canada’s Coat of Arms: design features images from France (the fleur-de-lis), England (the three royal lions and rose), Scotland (royal Scottish lion and thistle), and Ireland (the royal Irish harp of Tara and shamrock).
- Although proclaimed in 1921, Canada’s Coat of Arms did not appear on the fifty-cent piece until 1937, and it was not until 1959 that the design was modified to include Canada’s motto: A Mari Usque ad Mare, “from sea to sea.” In 1997, the first fifty-cent pieces featuring the addition of the Order of Canada’s motto were struck.
Add this spectacular release to your cart today!