Aquarius (January 20 - February 18) is the first sign featured in the SkullCoins Zodiac Memento Mori Series. These .999 fine copper rounds have a hand-applied antique finish and feature a high-relief design for excellent detail and art appeal.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Copper.
- Round comes encapsulated with a signed certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 2,000 rounds.
- Obverse: Aquarius, the water carrier, pouring water out of a vase.
- Reverse: Features a pentagram designed from bones and the text "MEMENTO MORI" (Latin for "remember that you must die") with purity and content.
- Edge is engraved with serial number matching the certificate of authenticity.
This Copper bullion round is meant to serve as an artistic piece that illustrates the concept of life, specifically how our days are numbered, in a Zodiac theme. Add this bold collector's piece to your cart today!
In the Greek tradition, the constellation Aquarius became represented as a single vase from which a stream poured down to Piscis Austrinus. The name in the Hindu zodiac is "kumbha" meaning "water-pitcher," showing that the zodiac reached India via Greek intermediaries.
The "memento mori" design is meant to reflect the vanity of earthly life and the transient nature of all earthly goods and pursuits.