New from the Pobjoy Mint is this 65th anniversary of Peanuts coin, featuring Snoopy and Woodstock.
- Cupro-Nickel metal composition.
- Comes in a large themed card that houses the coin in the center. The packaging has clips from the original Comic Strip that helped vault this franchise into the realm of one of the greatest Comic Strips ever written. On the back of the card is the certificate of authenticity with the product specifications.
- Obverse: Features an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS.
- Reverse: An adorable yet simple colorized version of Snoopy and Woodstock, with the text "65th anniversary of Peanuts" along the top. This coin does a remarkable job of showcasing Snoopy as originally depicted, lying on the top of his doghouse with his loyal partner.
- Guaranteed by the British Virgin Islands government.
This coin is a beautiful and original depiction of the iconic Peanuts character, and once again Pobjoy Mint releases a coin that captures the essence of the subject matter itself. Add this wonderful Snoopy coin to your cart today!
The idea that countries, big or small, can and should have their own coinage is what pushed the Pobjoy Mint forward. Pobjoy approached the Isle of Man government to begin a program of collector coins with corresponding values and specifications as British coins. In 1972, the Pobjoy Mint created the first practical set of coins for the Isle of Man including a 1/2 penny and up to 50 pence coins. These coins included historical and cultural elements, such as the Isle of Man’s distinctive three-legged “Triskele” insignia.
Since then, the Pobjoy Mint has issued an array of innovative and artistic coins sought after by some of the choosiest collectors. One particular contribution to numismatics and coin production was the development of the world’s first satisfactory man-made Precious Metal, called Virenium, which has been used in high denomination coinage since 1978. This was hailed worldwide as the first significant breakthrough in coinage from the last century.
The Pobjoy Mint provides circulation and collector coinage for 12 countries and territories, and that number is ever increasing. Pobjoy Mint has been consistently recognized within the numismatic industry for their innovations, including 45 “firsts” such as the first Silver one kilo coin, the first coin in the shape of the Eiffel Tower, the first titanium coin and the world’s highest relief coin. The Pobjoy Mint has demonstrated their ability to push the limits of the coin industry to surprising achievements and new heights.