One of the finest examples we've ever seen, and the population attests to it! This unique overdate variety is a great addition to any rare coin collection.
- Population of 1 coin at this grade level with 1 graded higher.
- Contains .4838 oz of Gold.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the MS-61 condition.
- Obverse: Shows Lady Liberty encircled by 13 stars with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast, surrounded by "United States of America" and the denomination.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Display your Graded Liberty Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Enhance your Pre-1933 Gold coin collection with this highly sought after coin. Add this historic and highly respected coin to your cart today!
* Population report per NGC as of April 13, 2016.
When $10 coinage recommenced in 1838, a new design of the Coronet or Liberty Head style was employed. This motif continued through 1907, with a slight change in the portrait in 1839, and with the addition of the motto "IN GOD WE TRUST" in 1866. As is the case with contemporary eagles, few people collect Liberty Head eagles by date and mintmark varieties, with the result that there are many rarities, particularly among Uncirculated coins, which have relatively low catalogue values. No one has ever assembled a set of Uncirculated Liberty Head $10 pieces, and no one ever will, for numerous early varieties are virtually impossible to find in this state of preservation.