This Gold coin dates from the reign of the Byzantine Emperor Heraclius (A.D. 610 - 641). Heraclius was one of the greatest Byzantine emperors and founder of the Heraclian dynasty.
- Contains over 4 grams actual Gold weight and was produced at the Constantinople mint.
- Graded as Mint State by NGC guaranteeing its authenticity.
- Strike: 4/5, Surface: 4/5.
- NGC label and weight may vary.
- Obverse: Shows busts of Heraclius (left) and Heraclius Constantine (right), with whom he reigned as co-emperor from 613-641. This legend "dd NN HERACLIYS ET HERA CONST PP AV," which translates to "Our Lord Emperors Hercalius and Heraclius Constantine," appears surrounding the busts.
- Reverse: Shows "VICTORIA AVGY" with a cross potent on three steps with "CONOB" below.
Protect and display your Gold Solidus in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
A well preserved specimen for being almost 1400 years old! Add this Byzantine Gold Solidus of Emperor Heraclius coin to your cart today!