Only $12.99 per coin!
This beautiful and unique piece features the first collector's coin to be authorized by the Sioux Nation in an attractive Gold colored finish. Also included is an arrowhead (Indian jasper)!
- Contains no Precious Metal value.
- Coin comes in a spectacular blister pack that protects both the coin and arrowhead (Indian jasper). This blister pack has a design that's perfect for collectors.
- Obverse: A portrait of a Sioux Indian in full profile, gazing off into the distance. The date 2014 (date of issue and the first collector's coin authorized by the Sioux Nation) along with the Sioux text is featured.
- Reverse: A symbol associated with the Oglala Sioux Tribe is featured beautifully.
- These are non-circulating, legally authorized coins by a federally recognized sovereign nation, but are not legal tender.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this Sioux Dollar with an Arrowhead set to your cart today!
These coins reflect the sovereign status of Native American tribes and are instrumental in honoring tribal history and culture spanning centuries. Adding to their collectibility is the fact that they are the only American, non-U.S. government coins available in the marketplace.
Indigenous Native American tribes have tribal sovereignty in the United States, giving them the authority to govern themselves within the borders of the United States. These tribes are considered "domestic dependent nations," which is a form of parallel sovereignty within the U.S. constitutional framework.
This coin is an official commercial item that represents the tribe, but there is no legal face value, as tribes are not allowed to create their own currencies. This ability is reserved for the federal government.