On April 21, 2016, Queen Elizabeth II will celebrate her 90th birthday. Each Commonwealth country traditionally celebrates The Queen’s birthday on a designated day in May or June.
In the United Kingdom, it falls on the first, second, or third Saturday in June, which was chosen for the fine weather in the northern hemisphere, making it a preferable time for a public holiday.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins are presented in a classic Perth Mint display case and an illustrated shipper, and are accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the 2016 year-date, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Depiction of St. Edward's Crown surrounded by wattle branches. The design includes the inscription "H.M. Queen Elizabeth II" and "90th Birthday", The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark and the metal content.
The 1 oz Silver coin’s high relief reverse and obverse are minted on concave surfaces to ensure the optimum flow of metal is achieved by the strike of the die. A great way to celebrate the historical reign of the Queen, be sure to add this to your collection today!