This Silver coin celebrates the 150th anniversary of The Great Tea Race, a legendary sailing race from China to Great Britain.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a custom wood box and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Low mintage of only 999 pieces.
- Obverse: Displays a profile of Queen Elizabeth II, country of issue and face value.
- Reverse: Features two of the ships, "Taeping" and "Ariel". Their full sails are depicted with a high relief.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Cook Islands government.
Add this historical silver coin to your cart today!
In 1866, some of the fastest clippers carrying cargo competed in a legendary sailing race. The goal was to sail with the tea crops from China to Great Britain. After 99 days on their home-bound journey the two fastest ships arrived with a time difference of 25 minutes.