Ninth coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s Baby Animals series that tenderly depicts young wildlife in a natural setting.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Encapsulated and presented in a mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Very limited mintage of 5,500 coins.
- Obverse: Likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features selective color over the engraved side-profile portrait of a baby loon, or chick, swimming at the edge of a lake in Algonquin Park. The brown-black downy feathers are given a soft appearance through detailed engraving as the chick splashes about in the water, flapping its wings and raising its webbed feet.
To celebrate Canada’s rich biodiversity, the Royal Canadian Mint highlights the animal kingdom’s family bonds in a series that features endearing images of Canada’s baby animals. Add this unique 1 oz Silver Baby Animal Common Loon coin to your cart today!