In the continuing quest to understand our universe, astronomers and astrophysicists use the laws of physics and chemistry to explore the processes and phenomena that shape our galaxy, and beyond.
Third and final coin in the mint’s "The Universe" three-coin series! Each one is an unforgettable piece of art, thanks to the unique combination of detailed engraving, vibrant color and a captivating, handcrafted glass embellishment!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features a depiction of the NRC Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory (DRAO) near Penticton, British Columbia. Against the tree-lined mountain to the north, the 26-meter John A. Galt Telescope is pointed up to the sky to capture and transmit the radio wavelengths originating from space. The soft colors of the blue sky and light clouds provide a beautiful backdrop to the engraved building in the foreground, which is easily identified by the NRC-CNRC logo.
- Luminescent elements within the glass add a captivating glow to the Silver fume swirl, while the colored sky hides another feature that reveals itself in the dark: glow-in-the-dark to recreate a night sky!
Within each glass insert is a one-of-a-kind representation of a radio wave. Worked at extremely high temperatures, the effect is created with a mix of glass and Silver fume laid out in the shape of a wave, just like the ones captured by a radio telescope! With its innovative features, its beautifully rendered artistic design and a limited mintage of only 8,500 coins worldwide, this coin is sure to be sought after.
Add this remarkable coin to your cart today!