This 1988 dated coin has a population of only 37 coins certified by PCGS as MS-70.
- Contains 1/2 oz of actual Gold weight.
- This coin has a mintage of 76,528 coins.
- Population of 37 coins at this grade level with 0 graded higher.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the MS-70 condition.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. Mint.
Display your certified Gold American Eagles in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
With its beauty, patriotic design and legal tender status, the Gold American Eagle coin is recognized and treasured across the United States. Add the 1988 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle to your cart today!