The 1903 $1.00 Gold Commemorative coins were struck to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson's signing and acquisition of the Louisiana Territory. A beautiful problem free coin designated an exceptional MS-64 with the "Plus" designation!
- Contains .0483 oz of Gold
- PCGS encapsulation offers protection and guarantees the Mint State-64+ condition of the coin.
- Designed by Charles Barber.
- Obverse: Features the left-facing profile of President William McKinley.
- Reverse: Depicts an olive branch along with the date range “1803-1903”.
Protect and display your graded coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This coin will make a great addition to any collection. Add this 1903 Gold $1.00 Louisiana Purchase McKinley coin to your cart today!
These coins were originally issued for $3.00 each and were housed in a variety of different ways including cardboard boxes with imprinted lids, spoons, and stick pins. With an original mintage of only 17,500 coins, many of them were returned to the Mint where they were then melted.