Collectibles Sales Event!
Shop now while supplies last.
This Series 1929 National was issued by the Pacific National Bank of San Francisco, California.
- These small size National Currency notes were issued beginning in early 1929.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Circulated $20 note from Series 1929 in Very Fine condition.
- Face: A portrait of President Andrew Jackson.
- Back: An engraving of The White House.
Since over 12,000 banks were chartered and issued notes, these issues have become highly sought after by collectors. Add this nice collector’s item to your cart today!
Signatures of Jones/Woods—FR# 1802-1.
The Pacific National Bank of San Francisco, California has Charter #12579 indicating that this bank was organized in September of 1924.
This note was the last of the series of National Currency Notes that were first issued in 1863. This type was conceived by Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase who devised a system of nationally chartered banks. Individual banks purchased U.S. government bonds and deposited them with the comptroller of the currency. For up to 90% of the profit, the comptroller would authorize the production of notes bearing the individual bank’s name.