Modern mint errors are rarely seen in the market place today. This special coin contains 1/10 ounce of pure Gold and has been certified by NGC as MS-69 with the Obverse Struck Thru attribute.
- Unique uncirculated Gold Eagle with "W" mintmark.
- Contains 1/10 oz actual Gold weight.
- Contains an obverse mint error.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Fractional Gold Eagles make purchasing America's most popular Gold bullion coin easy, featuring the classic design at a lower price point. Add this beautiful 1/10 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!
In 1999, the West Point Mint accidentally produced what may become one of the most important rarities of the 20th century by striking a limited quantity of Uncirculated 1/10 ounce American Eagle Gold coins with the "W" mintmark below the date. Normally the mintmark appears only on Proof versions and in this case, the dies never received the special polishing that gives Proof coins their deep, mirrorlike qualities.