Following the huge success of the Gods and Goddess' of Olympus series, comes the second release in the spectacular Norse Gods series. This coin features Thor, the god of thunder.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 Fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a prestigious display case.
- Struck in high relief and has an antique finish, which adds to the aesthetic appeal when held and helps accentuate the design.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts Thor wielding his hammer, wearing his belt and gripping the fang of the serpent Jormungand. Also included in the design is a goat’s head, lightning and the inscription "THOR".
With a mintage of only 2,000 coins, these are sure to be quick sell-outs from the Perth mint. The first release, Odin, is already sold out! Add one of these High Relief Thor coins to your cart today!
According to ancient Norse mythology, Thor was a hammer-wielding god of thunder, and is associated with lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, the protection of mankind and also healing, and fertility. Thor was the son of Odin and Fyorgyn, the Earth goddess. His wife was Sif, a goddess who was also linked to fertility.