Since 1916, the Migratory Birds Convention represents a partnership between Canada and the United States to protect migratory birds. This stunning four-coin series celebrates the centennial anniversary by showcasing species protected under its provisions.
Second coin of the series.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a custom outer box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a beautiful engraved portrait of an American avocet on its approach to a shallow marsh. Against the rolling foothills and the row of cottonwoods in the background, the avocet prepares to land amid the grasses that sway in the tranquil breeze. One of the shorebird’s long legs skims the surface of the water to slow its descent, creating a soft wake in this otherwise tranquil setting.
- Selective color over detailed engraving recreates the American avocet’s elegant appearance and beautiful plumage.
The Royal Canadian Mint is known for producing beautiful Silver coins depicting the country's wildlife and this release is no different. Add this 1 oz Silver American Avocet coin to your cart today!