This is the first Platinum elephant in the Bavarian State Mint's hugely popular African Wildlife series!
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Individual coins come in a box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 500 issued in the United States and 1,000 Worldwide.
- Obverse: The Somalian Coat of Arms and the date along with the face value of 1,000 shillings.
- Reverse: Features a majestic elephant tromping through the savannah.
- Minted at the Bavarian State Mint in Germany.
With its super low mintage and first year of release status, this coin is sure to sell out quickly. Add the very first 1 oz Somalia Platinum Elephant coin to your cart today!
Originally issued for Zambia, the Silver Elephant coin debuted in 1999. In 2004, the Bavarian State Mint moved the issue country to Somalia. The first Gold Elephant was minted in 2010. Now in 2016 the first year Platinum Elephant has been minted.