One of only 75,000 produced for a special set, the Millennium Set coin is one of the rarest Silver Eagle issues, especially in MS-70. With a population of 280, this coin is the absolute key to the elite Silver Eagle with Varieties registry set.
Many Silver Eagles of this vintage, even those graded MS-70, display noticeable flaws, such as carbon spotting or milk spots, that do not preclude a technical MS-70 grade based on current grading standards. This coin is completely free of these imperfections. This is a spot-free, attractive example!
- One of only 75,000 Silver Eagles produced at West Point for the Millennium Coin and Currency Set.
- Population of 280 coins at this grade level with 0 graded higher.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- Until the advent of the mint specific monster box strapping in 2007, the originating mint of bullion strike Silver Eagles could not be ascertained. Since the Millennium Set coins were all minted in West Point, these coins are among the first Silver Eagles that can be solidly attributed to the West Point Mint.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies.
Protect and display your Silver Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
MS-70 examples of this elusive issue are rarely offered for sale. Pristine, flawless examples such as the one here are seen even less often. This coin is a must-have for any high end Silver Eagle collector with an eye for completeness. Add this unique coin to your cart today!
One of the most elite issues of the Silver Eagle, the 2000 Millennium Set Silver Eagle is a rarity both absolutely and conditionally! With only 75,000 coins produced, its absolute rarity is on par with the legendary 1995-W proof Silver Eagle, and stands alone among business strikes, as the next scarcest issue, the 1996, outnumbers it by orders of magnitude. Conditionally, however, the Millennium Set coin has no peer in scarcity among Silver Eagle issues. Even the key date 1999 has a population nearly five times that of this coin, and the 1995-W's population is more than 10 times higher.