THE OFFICIAL APMEX & PERTH MINT ESCAPE TO AUSTRALIA SWEEPSTAKES RULES
SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO ALL PERSONS WHO ARE LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS AND ARE AGE 21 OR OLDER. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SWEEPSTAKES STARTS SEPTEMBER 21, 2015 AND ENDS OCTOBER 19, 2015 AT MIDNIGHT (ET). TRIPS MUST BE COMPLETED BETWEEN JANUARY 15, 2016 AND DECEMBER 18, 2016. SOME BLACKOUT DATES MAY APPLY.
1. In the APMEX & Perth Mint Escape to Australia Sweepstakes (“the Contest”), APMEX and The Perth Mint will award one individual two roundtrip coach class tickets to Perth, Australia, departing from the closest major U.S. airport to the winner’s physical address, seven nights’ accommodations at a Perth hotel, $1,000.00 USD and a private VIP tour of the world-renowned Perth Mint (the “Prize”).
Travel will be in coach class on a major airline carrier of APMEX’s choice, departing from the closest major U.S. airport to the winner’s physical address, destined for Perth, Australia and returning to the same airport as the departure. Winner and guest are responsible for arrangement of passports, visas and insurance.
Air travel arrangements are subject to the following conditions:
- Travel must be completed between JANUARY 15, 2016, AND DECEMBER 18, 2016.
- The winner and companion must travel together on the same flights.
- Return travel must be scheduled to depart within 10 days from the date travel commences.
- Travel is valid for the segments stated above only. Some blackout dates may apply.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Travel is subject to schedule changes and may only be used on the designated airline carrier’s operated services.
- This award is excluded from frequent flyer mileage credit and does not include carriage where the airline has seat lease agreements with other airlines (travel not valid on code-share flights).
- Prizes may not be sold to, bartered with, purchased or utilized by a third party.
- Government and airport taxes, and any other airlines surcharges imposed on passengers, are the responsibility of the winner.
2. Except as provided in Rules 9 and 10, the Contest is open to all persons who are 21 years of age or older and are legal residents of the United States currently residing in the United States.
3. How to Enter:
No purchase is required to participate in the Contest.
Beginning SEPTEMBER 21, 2015, when a person purchases any eligible Perth Mint item, including 2016-dated products and the Oriana Gold bar, through www.APMEX.com, or orders these products from APMEX by telephone, he or she will automatically be entered into the Contest. Purchases made on eBay do not qualify for entry into the Contest.
However, no purchase is required to enter, so in lieu of purchasing the qualifying Perth Mint products, you may fill out this online entry form, providing your name, phone number and a valid email address. You may also send us a 3”x 5” notecard on which you have printed your name, mailing address, phone number and a valid email address. This should be sent to the following address and must be received no later than OCTOBER 23, 2015. One online entry or mail-in entry per household. Send your mail-in entry to:
Escape to Australia
226 Dean A. McGee
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
APMEX and The Perth Mint shall not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries. The Prize will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
4. The winner will be selected the week of OCTOBER 26, 2015, from among all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by first-class mail, telephone or electronic mail. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of that winner and the selection of another winner by APMEX.
5. APMEX is entitled to make all decisions with respect to the application and/or the interpretation of these rules and the conduct of the Contest. Any decision of APMEX relating to the interpretation or application of these rules or the conduct of the Contest shall be final.
6. The winner shall sign and return: (a) an affidavit attesting to eligibility and compliance with these rules as a condition to receiving the Prize; and (b) a release and authorization for APMEX and The Perth Mint to use his/her first name and likeness for publicity purposes, without compensation, as a condition to receiving the Prize. The affidavit and release will be sent to the winner by APMEX within one week after the winner has been selected. The winner must return the affidavit and release no later than NOVEMBER 6, 2015. Noncompliance with these conditions will result in disqualification of the winner and the selection of another winner. Participants in the second selection process, if any, will consist of all non-winning entrants, who will be automatically entered in the Contest. The winner in the second selection process, if any, will be notified no later than NOVEMBER 13, 2015. The winner in the second selection process, if any, shall sign and return: (a) an affidavit attesting to eligibility and compliance with these rules as a condition to receiving the Prize; and (b) a release and authorization for APMEX and The Perth Mint to use his/her first name and likeness for publicity purposes, without compensation, as a condition to receiving the Prize. The affidavit and release will be sent to the winner within one week of selection. The second winner, if any, must return the affidavit and release no later than NOVEMBER 23, 2015. No further selection of winners will be conducted. The winner shall also sign and submit a release and authorization permitting APMEX and The Perth Mint to use the first name and likeness of, and all digital photos produced by, any winner during his/her trip to Australia for any reason, and in any manner, for an indefinite period.
The winner and the winner’s guest shall complete, execute and return to APMEX and The Perth Mint such other documentation as may be reasonably requested by APMEX and/or The Perth Mint to evidence further their agreement with these rules.
7. Prizes may be taxable by the Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities. Each winner will be responsible for taxes payable to the Internal Revenue Service or any other tax authority and must provide a valid taxpayer ID and Social Security Number when accepting the Prize. APMEX and The Perth Mint are not liable for any of such taxes.
8. The Prize consists of two (2) coach class air tickets from the major U.S. airport closest to the winner’s physical address to Perth, Australia, seven (7) nights’ accommodations, $1,000.00 USD spending money and a private VIP tour of The Perth Mint. Each trip for two persons is valued at $7,850.00 USD. Each Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize and specifically excludes anything else. Air carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Travel on tickets must be completed by DECEMBER 18, 2016. Reservations are subject to availability and certain restrictions apply. Winners are responsible for cost and arrangements of their own meals and other incidentals, but will receive $1,000.00 USD.
9. The Contest is open to all individuals age 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of APMEX, The Perth Mint, their subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or partners and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children), and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible. If it is found that a person who does not meet the eligibility criteria set forth in these rules has submitted an entry, that entry will be deemed ineligible and the person will not be eligible to receive the Prize.
10. The Contest is not open to residents residing outside of the United States. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is void where restricted, taxed or prohibited by law.
11. APMEX and The Perth Mint reserve the right to disqualify any entries for any error in the transmission of online entries.
12. No substitution or transfer of the Prize is permitted, except that APMEX and The Perth Mint reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or lesser value in the event that the Prize is unavailable.
13. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission to APMEX and The Perth Mint and their agencies to use a winner's first name and/or likeness for any promotional, advertising or Internet usage for an indefinite period without further compensation unless prohibited by law. All materials are the sole property of APMEX and The Perth Mint and will not be returned.
14. By accepting a Prize, the winner and the winner’s guest agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless APMEX and The Perth Mint, and their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, affiliates and assigns, from and against any and all claims, loss, expense, damage and/or liability, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees arising from, or in connection with, the Contest and the use or non-use of the Prize. The winner and the winner’s guest assume all liability for any injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the APMEX & Perth Mint Escape to Australia Sweepstakes or use of the Prize.
15. Roundtrip air travel from the United States on board the carrier of APMEX’s choice will be governed by the terms and conditions of the above mentioned airline service provider.
16. By accepting the Prize, the winner and the winner’s guest agree that hotel accommodations and travel are being provided by the hotel and selected airlines, not by APMEX or The Perth Mint. APMEX and The Perth Mint are not liable to the winner or the winner’s guest for such hotel accommodations and such travel.
17. By participating in the APMEX & Perth Mint Escape to Australia Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and any interpretation or application thereof by APMEX and The Perth Mint.
18. APMEX and The Perth Mint reserve the right to change the Official Contest Rules or terminate the Contest without notice. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering or unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest), APMEX and The Perth Mint reserve the right at their individual sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
19. APMEX and The Perth Mint shall not be responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the Prize.
20. A winners list will be available by sending a request to: APMEX – APMEX & Perth Mint Escape to Australia Sweepstakes Winners List, 226 Dean A. McGee, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73102. All requests for the winners list must be received by NOVEMBER 13, 2015.
21. This Contest is sponsored by APMEX, Inc., 226 Dean A. McGee, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73102 and Perth Mint, 310 Hay St., East Perth, WA 6004, Australia.