OneGold: The First Online Marketplace To Securely Buy, Sell And Manage Digital Precious Metals
OneGold marketplace was built to meet unique needs of Precious Metal investors, reflecting APMEX and Sprott’s decades of experience and deep knowledge. OneGold’s digital Precious Metals combine key investment benefits of physical metals with those of blockchain-based digital assets. Investors who have bought or considered buying Precious Metals or cryptocurrencies are encouraged to learn more and create a free account today at OneGold.com
APMEX, Inc. and Sprott Inc. (TSX:SII), leaders in the Precious Metals industry, today announced the launch of OneGold.com, the first online marketplace to securely and conveniently buy, sell and redeem digital Gold and other Precious Metals. Both partners bring decades of experience and knowledge to OneGold: APMEX is a leading Precious Metals e-retailer, with more than $10 billion in sales and 1.5 million customers; Sprott is an alternative asset manager and a global leader in Precious Metal and real-asset investing with more than $7.5 billion under management.
“This launch is a major milestone for both our companies as we enter the next era of Precious Metal investing,” APMEX CEO Ken Lewis said. “Providing security, convenience and efficiency is the mission of OneGold. This is reflected in the technology and design of the marketplace, from the industry-leading VaultChain™ blockchain ledger that immutably records ownership, to our choice of the Royal Canadian Mint as the vault for physical Precious Metals. Today we have launched with digital Gold and Silver and look forward to offering additional digital Precious Metal options in the future. In the end, OneGold is unique because it was built by Precious Metal investors for Precious Metal investors.”
Peter Grosskopf, CEO of Sprott, added, “We are excited to offer Precious Metal investors a compelling new way to own metals. There’s only one kind of digital Gold, and it’s not Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. What differentiates the digital Gold and other Precious Metals available on OneGold is that they are all backed by physical assets and customers can easily buy, sell or redeem for physical metal. Digital Gold combines the stability, risk diversification and long-term store of value provided by physical Gold with the security and efficiency of blockchain technology, without the significant limitations of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.”
Some of the unique aspects of the OneGold online marketplace and digital Precious Metals include:
- OneGold uses VaultChain™, a secure, immutable blockchain ledger developed by Tradewind Markets, the leading innovator in digital Precious Metals distributed ledger and blockchain technologies;
- VaultChain™ Gold and VaultChain™ Silver digital Precious Metals are fully allocated to physical metals held at the Royal Canadian Mint, a Federal Crown Corporation of the Government of Canada;
- All digital Precious Metals are 100% redeemable online through OneGold for physical Precious Metals, from 1 gram to thousands of ounces, delivered to customers’ doors with only a few clicks;
- Digital Gold and Silver can be bought in any amount using a wide variety of payment types, at competitive prices with low transaction and storage costs;
- Through the end of 2018, OneGold is offering digital Precious Metals at spot with no additional premium and is also waiving all storage fees;
- OneGold locks in your price when you begin the checkout process, so you never have to worry about the markets moving while you are completing your transaction;
- A continuity program allows you to set up recurring transactions to automatically execute a buy on any product, in any amount and at any frequency of your choosing;
- OneGold is secure and accessible 24/7 on any device, allowing investors to buy, sell or redeem Precious Metals at their convenience.
Investors are encouraged to learn more and create a free account today at OneGold.com.
About APMEX, Inc.
For more than 15 years, APMEX has been one of the nation's largest Precious Metals e-retailers, boasting over $10 billion in transactions. APMEX has the largest selection of bullion and numismatic items provided by a retailer, boasting more than 10,000 products. Product offerings include all U.S. Mint bullion such as Gold, Silver and Platinum American Eagle coins. APMEX also sells products from leading mints around the world including The Royal Mint, Perth Mint, Royal Canadian Mint and many others. APMEX is a member of the American Numismatic Association, the International Precious Metals Institute and the Industry Council for Tangible Assets. For additional information, visit www.APMEX.com or call (800) 375-9006.
About Sprott Inc.
Sprott Inc. is an alternative asset manager and a global leader in Precious Metal and real asset investments. Through its subsidiaries in Canada, the U.S. and Asia, the Corporation is dedicated to providing investors with best-in-class investment strategies that include Exchange Listed Products, Alternative Asset Management and Private Resource Investments. The Corporation also operates Merchant Banking and Brokerage businesses in both Canada and the U.S. Sprott is based in Toronto with offices in New York, Carlsbad and Vancouver and its common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol (TSX:SII). For more information, please visit www.sprott.com.
Tradewind Markets has built a technology platform for digitizing the ownership and trading of physical assets. The Tradewind solution combines the world-class exchange technology of IEX, the fair, simple and transparent stock exchange, with a blockchain application tailored for Precious Metals. Tradewind is operated by a team of 22 professionals with extensive experience in electronic trading, Gold investment management, market operations and blockchain technology, and has been financed by industry leaders such as Sprott Inc., Goldcorp Inc., Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd., IAMGOLD Corp, and Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. For more information please visit https://www.tradewindmarkets.com/.