2016 Great Britain 5 oz Proof Silver Britannia
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Designed by sculptor Suzie Zamit, the iconic Britannia takes on a modern design with a protective yet peaceful tone.
- Sold out at the mint!
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 550 coins.
- Obverse: Features the fifth likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination, design by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Depicts the iconic Britannia holding a shield and trident as she gazes over the sea, a watchful lion by her side.
- Sovereign coin backed by British government.
This exceptional coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!
Britannia represents British liberty and democracy, especially potent in times of national insecurity. The shield, a symbol of protection and security features the Union Jack and the lion symbolizes national courage. Visually the lion is very strong, beautiful and watchful and also a symbol of protection. It links in with Greek and Roman coinage while the inclusion of wind and sea reflect the more modern, forward thinking themes of renewable and green energy.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.