2016 Great Britain 1/40 oz Proof Gold Britannia
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
Product DetailsBritannia has enjoyed a relationship with the coins of the United Kingdom for almost 2,000 years. This feminine personification of Britannia conveys her peace-keeping nature.
- Sold out at the mint!
- Contains .025 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 2,525 coins.
- Obverse: Features the 5th effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination, design by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Depicts the iconic Britannia holding a shield and trident as she gazes over the sea, a watchful lion by her side.
- Sovereign coin backed by British government.
This exceptional coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!
Britannia represents British liberty and democracy, especially potent in times of national insecurity. The shield, a symbol of protection and security features the Union Jack and the lion symbolizes national courage. Visually the lion is very strong, beautiful and watchful and also a symbol of protection. It links in with Greek and Roman coinage while the inclusion of wind and sea reflect the more modern, forward thinking themes of renewable and green energy.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.