Hasmonean Bronze Prutah John Hyrcanus I The First Jewish Coin
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. Dates will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
The first Jewish coin was minted around 135 BC by King John Hyrcanus I of Judea, founder of the Hasmonean dynasty that restored Israel to Jewish rule, giving rise to the so-called Second Temple Period.
- Cast in heavy bronze.
- Minted between 135 - 40 BC.
- Housed in a deluxe folder with a certificate of authenticity giving a brief history of the era.
- Obverse: Shows a double cornucopia flanking a pomegranate.
- Reverse: Hebraic inscription reads Yehohanan (John) the High Priest and Council of the Jews.
- Hand-struck measuring approximately 12 mm to 14.5 mm in diameter and in Fine condition.
Own a piece of Jewish history and add this Jewish Bronze Coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.