1928-A $1.00 Silver Certificates VF (Major Gutter Error)
Rollover to Zoom
The note pictured is the exact note you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsSeries 1928-A $1 Silver Certificate in Very Fine condition featuring the "Funny Back". This note has a major gutter fold error that is slightly butterflied. This is one of the larger note errors we have seen.
- This is one of the first small size Silver Certificates issued.
- Features a major gutter fold error.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- These Silver Certificates are in Very Fine condition.
- Face: Portrait of George Washington with "Silver Certificate" above and "One Dollar" below.
- Back: Large "ONE" with "ONE DOLLAR" superimposed at center.
Although many of these series were printed in the billions, nice lightly circulated examples of these Silver Certificates are not that easy to find. Add some of these great collector’s items to your cart today!
Signatures are Woods/Mellon—Friedberg#1601.
Series 1928-A with Woods/Mellon signatures signify that this note was printed from January of 1929 through February of 1932. This reduction in size from the older large size notes was done as a cost saving measure with all paper currency being used at that time.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.