2016 Canada 1/2 oz Silver Proof $10 Star Trek Scotty
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
A precursor to today’s smartphones, the communicator featured on Star Trek was often used by the characters to contact Chief Engineer Montgomery “Scotty” Scott and request to be beamed back on board the U.S.S. Enterprise.
Both the character and the device are showcased together on this fine Silver coin, as the Royal Canadian Mint celebrates the 50th anniversary of Star Trek. This coin is the second of four 1/2 oz coins in the series.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Encapsulated and enclosed in a stunning custom box. Durable yet lightweight, the colorful packaging boasts a contemporary design and features an illustrated portrait of "Scotty" alongside the Star Trek 50th anniversary logo.
- Limited mintage of only 12,500 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Design features selective color and detailed engraving in the side-by-side depiction of a beloved Star Trek character, and the innovative Trek technology that is associated with him. On the left side is the colored portrait of Chief Engineer Montgomery “Scotty” Scott (portrayed by Canadian actor James Doohan); wearing the red uniform of the operations division, Scotty holds the hand-held device through which the famous command “Beam me up” was relayed: the communicator.
- A larger, engraved depiction of the communicator is featured to the right, allowing the viewer to examine its iconic flip top cover, its controls and speaker, and even its inner wiring and components. The two images casually overlap the engraved outline of Starfleet’s Delta Shield Insignia in the background.
Add this $10 Star Trek Silver coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.