Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Low limited mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a graphic outer box.
- Obverse: Effigy of King George V.
- Reverse: Recreation of a soldier’s viewpoint in battle during the Somme Offensive of 1916. With bayonets fixed on their rifles, a Canadian battalion braves a constant barrage of artillery fire after going “over the top” of the trenches, as the soldiers valiantly charge across the chalky terrain towards enemy lines.
Add this brilliant Silver Battlefield Series commemorative coin to your cart today!
A fine Silver with selective Gold plating that recreates the winged figure of “Victory” from the Victory Medal, which was awarded in 1919 to all ranks of the Allied forces who served in the First World War.
To the left, a sergeant turns to face the viewer as he shouts encouragement and urges his men forward including the viewer, who is pulled into the scene to gain a sense of the overwhelming uncertainty and danger that hung over these courageous soldiers who valiantly pressed on. Above, a ghostly image of a young soldier looks down upon the scene and serves as a moving reminder of the heavy casualties suffered in the Somme Offensive.
In the center, selective Gold plating showcases the winged figure of “Victory,” as it appeared on the Victory Medal that was awarded to the allied soldiers of the First World War. Adding to the historical accuracy of the coin, the obverse highlights the reigning monarch during the First World War with the effigy of King George V by sir E. B. MacKennal.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.