2016 Canada 5 oz Silver $1 Big Coin Series 50 Cent Coin
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
Celebrate the history and artistry of Canadian circulation coinage with this fine Silver 50-cent piece, part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s series featuring Canada’s six circulation coins.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- This 5-ounce fine Silver 50-cent piece features Canadian engraver Thomas Shingles’s Canadian Coat of Arms design, first issued in 1959. This design has been used continuously on Canadian 50-cent pieces, with only two exceptions.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features the Canadian Coat of Arms design in full color. A yellow lion holding a blue, white, and red Union Jack flag on the left and a white unicorn holding a blue flag bearing three yellow French fleur de lis on the right support a central shield divided into five sections bearing historical emblems of England, France, Scotland, and Ireland, as well as a sprig of three red maple leaves.
- Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 6-coin series of 5-ounce pure Silver versions of Canada’s 5-cent, 10-cent, 25-cent, 50-cent, 1-dollar, and 2-dollar circulation coins.
Add this beautifully colorized 5 oz Silver $0.50 Big Coin Series Dollar to your cart today!
The multi-colored shield is encircled with a red ribbon representing the Order of Canada bearing the motto Desiderantes meliorem patriam, which means “desiring a better country.” The shield is surmounted by a yellow, green, and black royal helmet within a garland of red maple leaves, upon which stands a yellow crowned lion holding a red maple leaf. St. Edward’s Crown, symbolizing Canada’s constitutional monarchy, rests above the lion, which symbolizes Canada’s sovereignty. The motto A Mari usque ad Mare (“from sea to sea”) appears in yellow on a blue ribbon below the shield, along with a “compartment” or garland composed of the floral emblems of England, Scotland, France, and Ireland. The reverse is also engraved with the word “CANADA”, the date “2016” and the face value of “50 CENTS”.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jul 25, 2016
Uniquely large 5oz of silver with wonderful color highlights Even more beautiful in hand than pictured it is a striking representation of Canada's Coat of Arms. The detailing is amazing and I cannot put the thing down...WOW
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.