2016 Australia 2 oz Silver Mythical Creatures Antique High Relief
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsAccording to ancient Chinese mythology, the universe was divided into four quadrants marking the beginning and end of the winter and summer solstices, and the autumn and spring equinoxes.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver in an antique finish.
- Limited mintage of 1,500 coins.
- Each coin is housed in a clear latex display case with a black frame. It is presented in an illustrated shipper which opens to reveal the coin and is accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the 2016 year-date, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays the four Chinese ancient mythical creatures, with a yin yang symbol in the center of the coin. The design includes the inscription "CHINESE ANCIENT MYTHICAL CREATURES".
Add this Mythical Creatures coin to your cart today!
The Blue Dragon
The dragon is considered to be a symbol of supreme power. Although fearsome and frightening, the dragon is also believed to be benevolent, just, and the bringer of wealth and good fortune. The dragon represents spring, wood, and the east, the color blue and propriety.
The White Tiger
The white tiger represents autumn, metal, and the west, and is said to be a fierce protector with the power to exorcise evil spirits and grant a good harvest. Representing the color white, the tiger is believed to be the king of all animals and the lord of the mountains. The tiger is also believed to be the bringer of wealth and symbolic of a good marriage.
The Red Phoenix
The auspicious phoenix represents summer and the south, the color red, fire and knowledge. Appearing in times of good fortune, the phoenix is symbolic of resurrection and immortality, and is believed to bring happiness to people.
The Black Tortoise
Representing winter, water, and the north, the black tortoise symbolizes longevity, wisdom, knowledge, and reproduction. The tortoise is also considered to be the God of water. The ancient Chinese believed there were no male tortoises, and so the females were forced to mate with snakes. As a result, the tortoise is commonly portrayed in an embrace with a snake.
90% of reviewers recommend this product
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
I rarely don't give 5 stars to coins I buy, but this is one of them. It got 4 stars because it was housed in the container/box where it slips & slides all over the place. I wish that the mint had just put it in a capsule instead of the useless clunky box. The coin itself is beautifully done. Great detailing & design.
- Attractive Design
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.