APMEXclusive® This coin features a laughing kookaburra, the largest member of the Kingfisher species, synonymous with the Australian outback. The coin also exhibits a small privy mark celebrating 2017 as the Year of the Rooster.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure the authenticity and condition after the coins are removed directly from the mint capsules. Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect your coin’s finish. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in RF welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- This process requires the coins to be removed from their original mint capsules.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Depicts an adult kookaburra sitting on a tree stump surrounded by eucalyptus leaves and a fern and includes a special privy mark that celebrates the 2017 Lunar Year of the Rooster.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Secure your Rooster Privy Silver Kookaburra by adding an attractive display box to your order.
The Perth Mint has issued a strict mintage cap of 50,000 coins, which means no more will be minted. Add this privy marked 2017 Silver Kookaburra to your cart today!
APMEX has created a process to guarantee these coins are direct from The Perth Mint to you to ensure that our customers receive only authentic Perth Mint coins. MintDirect® is your symbol of guarantee that these coins were processed from tubes that come straight from mint-sealed "Monster Boxes", exactly as they were delivered, providing peace-of-mind when buying, holding or selling.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint capsules. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2017 1 oz Silver Kookaburra Monkey Privy MintDirect® Single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left The Perth Mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin — guaranteed.