This coin is the third in the series. The first release has already sold out at the mint.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 Fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a prestigious display case.
- Struck in high relief and has an antique finish, which adds to the aesthetic appeal when held and helps accentuate the design.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts Loki wearing a cloak which is turning into smoke at the edges. He is accompanied by the serpent Jormungand and the wolf Fenrir. The design also includes three masks representative of the many forms Loki takes on as a shape shifter. The inscription "LOKI", and The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark also feature in the design.
Add this very intriguing coin to your cart today!
According to ancient Norse mythology, Loki is the god of fire, and a cunning shape shifter, appearing in the form of a seal, a salmon, a mare, and a fly, among others. Loki is the son of the giant Farbauti and the goddess Laufey, and the father of: Hel, the goddess of death; Jormungand the serpent; Fenrir the wolf; and Sleipnir, the eight-legged horse that he gave to Odin.