1 oz Silver Proof Round - 2016 Silverbug Island Mermaid
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Find sunken treasure with "The Mermaid" in the third release from Silverbug’s popular series “Welcome to Silverbug Island”. This 1 oz Silver collectible round is has a shiny proof-like finish.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each sequentially numbered coin comes in a protective capsule.
- Limited mintage of only 20,000 pieces.
- Obverse: Features a beautiful sea creature diving to the depths of the sea. On the bottom of the ocean the mermaid has found a gleaming treasure of a sunken ship. With dolphins circling above, the chest reads “Hold it, Own it”.
- Reverse: The Silverbugs Community features a pirate ship around an island of coins across the entire Silverbug Island series. The coin is inscribed with "Welcome to Silverbug Island" and "1 Troy oz .999 fine Silver."
Display this beautiful Silver round in style by adding a high-quality presentation box to your order.
Add this Silverbug Island Mermaid Silver Round to your cart today!
Will Chaney & NAM are proud to introduce “The Silverbugs Mermaid” as the third in a series of eight, “Welcome To Silverbug Island”. Derived from the vastly popular Silverbugs subreddit, the series tells the story of the perils pirates had to face while chasing treasure across 8 distinctive designs. The coins are manufactured from the North American Mint and are the perfect Silver round for collectors and investors alike. Support the Silverbugs community and watch for the other clever, pirate designs in the series.
92% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Mar 6, 2017
I really like the first two rounds in this series, Finding Silverbug Island and Kraken, in the prooflike version, with great whimsical artwork, flowing composition, with contrasting detail and almost 3d-like pop. But this Mermaid round just looks kinda cheap. Too much of the relief is crammed into the bottom of the coin, and much of the coin is just blank wavy proof field (to mimic underwater). There is very little contrasting detail in the Mermaid, indistinct from the sunken shipwreck behind her. Swing-and-a-miss on this one for me, but I am looking forward to Island Whirlpool, the next in the series which looks great.
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Unattractive Design
Date:Jan 2, 2017
This coin is perfect, 3rd of 8. Comes proof, in a capsule, with a sequence #, of striking out of Limited edition stamped on the edge, for a BU price. Promises to be 1Hell of a good investment. I'm buying 2sets, only I highly Doubt I'll ever sell them
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
From:Los Angeles, CA
Date:Dec 7, 2016
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.