1652 Pine Tree Threepence No Pellets Colonial VF-35 PCGS
Rollover to Zoom
The coin pictured is the exact coin you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsPine Tree threepence are some of the first coins ever struck in America for use in the Colonies. Prior to their striking, the only coins available for commerce were foreign coins already in the Colonies.
- PCGS Population of 3 coins at this grade level with 7 graded higher.
- Graded as VF-35 by PCGS authenticates and protects the condition of the coin. Well struck and well-centered, it is an amazing example of colonial craftsmanship.
- Pine Tree Threepence were struck from hand-made dies making the characteristics of each coin distinctive from coins struck from other dies.
- The Pine Tree coins were struck using English denominations as their model.
- They were struck in 3 Pence, 6 Pence and Shillings and made of Silver.
- Large Planchets (27-31 mm) and then in smaller planchets (22-26 mm) later to more conform to the circulating English coins.
- A beautiful representative piece of an early historic US coin. This coin was struck for circulation 80 years before George Washington was even born.
Protect and display your Pine Tree Shilling in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Own a piece of history by adding this Pine Tree Shilling coin to your cart today!
* Population of 3 coins per PCGS as of August 30, 2016.
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+™, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
|Grade||Very Fine - 35|
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.