This coin has a beautiful Brown color with all details very sharp. Hints of red peek through the protected areas of the coin.
- Population of 8 coins at this grade level with 4 graded higher.
- Mintage of 3,128,661 pieces spread across 4 varieties.
- Booby Head variety identified by the addition of a lock of hair on the forehead and also the raising of the hair line above the "LIBERTY" crown. The most recognizable feature is the addition of the shoulder tip on the liberty portrait.
- Encapsulation by NGC provides protection and guarantees the condition of the coin.
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht.
- Obverse: Depicts a representation of Liberty.
- Reverse: Features the words "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" around the perimeter with a wreath encompassing the words "ONE CENT" inside the legend.
Protect your investment in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Add this certified 1839 Large Cent to your cart today!