- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Each of these coins combines The Perth Mint's high-quality .9999 fine Silver content with a unique, collectible design.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a red and black presentation case and themed shipper with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value and Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Features a rooster, a hen, and three chicks standing amongst bamboo foliage and flowers. This beautiful lunar design also incorporates the Chinese character for "Rooster", the inscription "Year of the Rooster", and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your 1 oz Proof Silver coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Expand your Lunar collection with this spectacular Year of the Rooster Silver coin from the Perth Mint. Add the 2017 1 oz Proof Silver Year of the Rooster to your cart today!
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying Chinese themes. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2017 reverse celebrates the Year of the Rooster. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Rooster include 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005 and 2017. Those born in these years are said to be hardworking, loyal, honest and sociable.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Keo G
Date:Nov 16, 2017
Received this coin today. The packaging was good. coin is perfect, no scratches or scuffs on it. It came in a protectice capsule and inside a box with the COA inside. I have no complaints about my purchase. delivery was very fast.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.