- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Each of these coins combines The Perth Mint's high-quality .9999 fine Silver content with a unique, collectible design.
- Contains 3.5 oz of .9999 fine Silver. Includes the 2 oz, 1 oz and 1/2 oz coin with a face value of $2.00, $1.00, and $0.50, respectively.
- Comes in a red and black presentation case and themed shipper with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value and Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Features a rooster, a hen, and three chicks standing amongst bamboo foliage and flowers. This beautiful lunar design also incorporates the Chinese character for "Rooster", the inscription "Year of the Rooster", and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Expand your Lunar collection with this spectacular Year of the Rooster Silver coin from the Perth Mint. Add the 2017 3-Coin Proof Silver Year of the Rooster Set to your cart today!
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying Chinese themes. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2017 reverse celebrates the Year of the Rooster. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Rooster include 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005 and 2017. Those born in these years are said to be hardworking, loyal, honest and sociable.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jan 28, 2018
Date:Mar 16, 2017
This is my first Perth Mint proof set and it is absolutely stunning to look at! I have to keep myself from pulling the set out of storage all the time just to look at it. :) I do recommend looking into how to properly store numismatics to help prevent the coins from toning up or even possibly developing ugly milk spots. I've read that using small silica gel packets to absorb moisture in the air("orange" type??) and or 3M anti-tarnish tabs can help protect against this issue(not 100% but it definitely helps out). Also sealing the coins in air tight plastic wrap or putting them in a air tight environment is essential as well. Protecting your investment is a must since most world mints lately seem to be producing coins that later devlop milk spots.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.