2016 Canada 1 oz Silver $20 Aircraft of WW1 Curtiss H-12
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Aircraft technology was barely a decade old when the First World War began in 1914, but the needs of warfare quickly fueled incredible advancements in aviation.
Third and final coin in an unforgettable 3-coin series that shines the spotlight on aircraft flown by Canadian combatants during the First World War.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of only 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of King George V, the monarch during the First World War.
- Reverse: Features an engraved rendering of the fateful encounter on May 14, 1917, between a Curtiss H-12 (foreground) and the Zeppelin L-22 (background). Heavy cloud cover is evident in the engraved background, where a break in the clouds reveals the North Sea below.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 2016 1 oz Silver Curtiss H-12 coin to your cart today!
In the foreground, selective color recreates the light colors of the H-12 piloted by Flight Sub-Lieutenant (later Air Marshal) Robert Leckie of Toronto, with an attention to detail that is made evident by the inclusion of the identifying number “8666” and the blue, white and red stripes and roundels used by the Royal Naval Air Service. The detailed engraving only adds to this, recreating the smooth lines of the H-12’s laminated wood veneer hull and sponsons, all while capturing the finer details on the wings and the twin mounted engines in the interplane gap. With two crewmembers manning the aircraft’s front and mid-ship guns, the H-12 banks away from the L-22 after opening fire. The engraved zeppelin can be seen with its rear exploding into flames, mere moments before the L-22 becomes the first zeppelin shot down by a flying boat.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.