Sprawling the vast expanse between Alberta’s Rocky Mountain peaks and the boreal forests of eastern Manitoba, the Canadian prairies offer varying landscapes that are teeming with natural resources and rich farmland.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Housed in a mint-issued box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Low mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a symbolic circular collage of iconic images associated with the Canadian prairies. A rotating design allows for a continuous and dynamic viewing experience that is anchored by a wheat sheaf at its center, which symbolizes the agricultural traditions of the region referred to as our nation’s breadbasket.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Be sure to add this unique 2 oz Silver Vast Prairies coin to your cart today!
The surrounding vignette includes a mix of native plant species (a sunflower, a prairie smoke flower, an eastern prickly pear cactus and prairie roses) and animal species that have long been associated with this region: the bison, a Canada goose, a golden eagle, a black-billed magpie, a jack rabbit, a pronghorn and a badger. Other icons represent key cultural or geographical elements: cattle and a cowboy on his horse represent Alberta’s proud ranching traditions and the world-famous Calgary Stampede; there is a snapshot of the badlands, where important dinosaur discoveries were made; an oil derrick symbolizes the region’s wealth of natural resources; a farm, a grain silo and combine harvesters speak of agricultural activities across the Prairies; an Aboriginal dancer represents the rich cultural traditions of the region’s first peoples; and a train symbolizes the role played by railways in the region’s history of settlement and trade.