First year of issue! Known for winning victory over evil, the Archangel Michael is exquisitely displayed on this 1 oz Silver coin from Ukraine. These low-mintage coins are legal tender and are known for their uniqueness and rarity.
The National Bank of Ukraine sets the mintage of the Archangels at the end of each year. The mintages have been below 30,000 coins in the years up to date. A low mintage is expected for this year’s issue. The Archangel Michael notably is known as being the angel that led the defense of Heaven, defeating the dragon, sometimes referred to as Satan or the devil, and his angels.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule.
- First year of issue with a very low mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Designed by Volodymyr Taran, Oleksandr Kharuk and Serhii Kharuk.
- Obverse: Displays the Coat of Arms of Ukraine with “National Bank of Ukraine” inscribed in Ukrainian.
- Reverse: Features the Taxiarch Archangel Michael with his wings spread and his sword drawn, surrounded by a quote of T. Shevchenko's "Haydmamaks" in Ukrainian which translates to "for us and soles of righteous men, and archistrategos Michael's strength".
- Guaranteed by the National Bank of Ukraine.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to add this magnificent 2016 Ukrainian 1 oz Silver Archangel Michael coin to your cart today!
Archangel Michael is the honored protector of the Ukrainian capital and estate. In his legacy, the National Bank of Ukraine has commemorated an elaborate coin with acute craftsmanship for collectors worldwide. Its distinctive characteristics and scarce availability have increased collectors demands for it all over the world.
Michael is an archangel in Judaism, Christianity and Islam that is sometimes referred to as Saint Michael, Saint Michael the Archangel or Taxiarch Archangel Michael. Michael is seen as a healer, leader of the army of God against the forces of evil and protector of children. Scholars believe Michael is the unnamed angel used by God in multiple significant stories of the Old Testament.
Artistic depictions and religious iconography vary in their portrayals of Michael. The Archangel Michael is sometimes seen with a full suit of Roman-inspired armor, a flaming sword in his right hand and his bird-like wings spread open in full display. One of the most famous depictions of Michael is of the Archangel standing tall above the dragon ready to slay it with a spear or sword.
Check out our Investor Collections to diversify your portfolio with Precious Metals. Review the Premium Appreciation Trend of Silver Archangels. Shop Silver Archangels and learn how to build your investment strategy.