This 1927-S Peace dollar was a tougher coin to find in the Redfield Hoard holder.
- Contains .7734 oz of Silver.
- Nice coin from the Redfield Hoard.*
- Obverse: Left facing profile of Liberty with a radiate crown, similar to Roman coins.
- Reverse: A majestic bald eagle perched on a rock clutching an olive branch in its talons.
This piece of American history will instantly add value to any collection. Add this certified 1927-S Redfield Hoard Peace Silver Dollar to your cart today!
* The holder has a small crack at the bottom (noted for accuracy).
The LaVere Redfield hoard of 400,000 coins, mostly mint condition, was found sealed behind a false wall in his basement. The bachelor Redfield had lived near Reno for more than 70 years and hoarded these coins. After his death, the county court disposed of the hoard at an auction in 1976 for more than $7 million. The successful bidder split the hoard among several dealers. These pieces, later encased in small, red plastic holders, are known simply as "Redfield dollars."