2017 France Silver €20 Marianne (Face Value Coin)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsA beautiful series from Monnaie de Paris. Monnaie de Paris continues a tradition of honoring past numismatic symbols including The Sower, Hercules, The Rooster and now Marianne a triumphant symbol of French liberty.
- Contains .5208 oz of Silver.
- Individual coins are packaged in a protective plastic coin flip.
- Mintage of 100,000 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays a stylized portrait of Marianne wearing a Phrygian cap and an heraldic cockade that represents the three colors of the French flag. The word Liberty changes into a flight of birds that land in the cockade.
- Reverse: Features the face value surrounded by two branches, one oak and one laurel, that create the Euro symbol. The entire reverse design is framed in a hexagonal design representing the shape of France.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any coin collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2017 France Silver €20 Marianne coin to your cart today!
Since 1877, Marianne has had a place of honor in French city halls and official buildings. Her profile appears on official documents, on stamps, and on French currency. Marianne is an allegory of the French Republic and of Liberty. She represents a passionate nation and is a warrior, peaceful person, nurturing mother and protector.
Marianne has also been a strong numismatic symbol since the French Revolution. She appeared for the first time on 5 centimes coin by Augustin Dupre in 1795 during the Convention. Along the many regimes of history she has been represented in many versions. She carried different names like La Republique or Ceres, but always represented the French nation and its symbols.
When the new Franc came, she was chosen for the obverse of the 5, 10, and 20 centimes coins in a contemporary and aesthetic design by Henri Lagriffoul, a French sculptor. During the transition to the Euro, she was again chosen to be one of the French coin symbols of the unique currency, along with the Tree and Sower). She represented on the obverse of copper cents in denominations 1, 2 and 5.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.