This rare Colonial Note from the Colony of New Jersey is part of the issue authorized May 1, 1758. The denomination is 6 Pounds and has red and black printing. Choice for this very scarce type.
- From a group of notes authorized by the New Jersey legislature on May 1, 1758.
- Scarce early Colonial Note
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve and graded Fine-12 by PMG with moderate wear and rough edges.
- Face: Features the colony arms with the obligation printed in red.
- Back: A Sage leaf in black printing on the back with the ominous warning "To Counterfeit is Death" below the denomination.
- Printed by James Parker of Woodbridge, New Jersey.
Colonial notes are in demand among collectors and rising in value due to the limited numbers printed. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
This is a rare issue from the Colony of New Jersey as only 1,834 were originally printed. Colonial issues preceded the Continental Notes by many decades, and some are quite rare.