2017 GB Proof 1/4 oz Gold Queen's Beasts Lion (Box & COA)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
Product DetailsThe fantastically popular bullion coin is now available as a limited edition proof coin. With a maximum mintage of 8,500 coins, this majestic coin is sure to impress.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in box and includes a certificate of authenticity. Also accompanied by a booklet produced in collaboration with Clive Cheesman, Richmond Herald of the College of Arms.
- Maximum mintage of 2,500 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays the fifth effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Designed by Jody Clark, the design features a fierce lion clutching a shield.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
The beasts of heraldry are ancient symbols of power and lineage, passed down through generations and centuries. Fascinating stories can be found behind the pageantry, not least in The Queen’s Beasts. Ten creatures stood guard at the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen at Westminster Abbey in 1953. Hundreds of years of British history were represented by the mythical beasts – the griffin, falcon, bull, yale, greyhound, dragon, unicorn, horse and two lions – all carved in her honor.
This majestic coin is a must-have for any collection! Add this 2017 Great Britain Proof 1/4 oz Gold Queen's Beasts Lion to your cart today!
Jody has given The Queen’s Beasts Collection a fierce and fantastical start with the lion of England, inspired by both heraldry and the true nature of the beast in the wild.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.