Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a presentation box with a mint-issued certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Concave design adds depth to the constellation.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the date.
- Reverse: Cassiopeia will feature the Cassiopeia constellation as seen from the northern hemisphere against a background of blue and yellow. Ursa Major will feature the Ursa Major constellation as seen from the northern hemisphere against a background of purple, pink and orange. Cygnus will feature the Cygnus constellation as seen from the northern hemisphere against a background of blue and green. All designed by B. King.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
The Royal Australian Mint has once again produced a coin enjoyed by all. Add the $5 Australian Colored Northern Sky Domed Silver Coin Set to your cart today!
Shop all Royal Australian Mint Silver Domed coins, including the 2019 release of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing Domed coins.
Where previously the center of the coin was completely filled with a really brightly colored depiction of the constellation, Cassiopeia had more muted colors and a clean struck crescent tree-line to enhance the sense of realism which is less clinical than the design previously employed. Some preferred it, some didn’t but both are great designs. The second coin features Ursa Major, also called the Great Bear. It’s the third largest of the 88 modern constellations and is home to I Zwicky 18, the youngest known galaxy in the visible universe.
Those who gaze at the stars in the northern hemisphere are fortunate to enjoy the sight of one of the world’s most famous constellations year-round. Ursa Major, Latin for "the greater she-bear", has been a key feature of astronomy, navigation and folklore since its declaration by Ptolemy in the second century.
The constellation, whose seven most prominent stars are commonly known as the "Big Dipper", has captured the imagination of many around the world, as evidenced through its many myths. The Micmac and Iroquois tribes of North America share tales of seven hunters whose pursuit of the bear caused her to spray her blood to turn the autumn leaves red. Romans believed the maiden Callisto was transformed into a bear by the goddess Juno, jealous of the attention that her husband Jupiter gave the maiden. Greeks believed Hera and Zeus were the feuding couple surrounding Callisto’s transformation.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Feb 16, 2017
This series is sure to be a capstone for coin collectors. Low montages, unique form factor, incredible design and a fitting celestial concept for a dome shaped item - add to that the fantastic success of the first three coins in the Southern Sky series... this is a set that you can't afford to miss out on. It's symbolic in and of itself as the beginning of the mainstream success of art-coins. And they are a pinnacle representation of what set the bar high for artistic mint releases. I with the US would start to make coins this thoughtful!
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.